From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 22:13:24
1 On 09-11-2007 23:55:51 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Usually it's best that ebuild variables follow the order that is in
3 > skel.ebuild. So know we should decide where to place EAPI. I suggest we
4 > put it it after LICENSE as that's where the more technical stuff like
5 > SLOT starts. Attached a patch for skel.ebuild.
6
7 Just my 2 cents, I have placed EAPI right after the # $Header: line of
8 each ebuild, as I felt that it was the first thing to know of the
9 ebuild, as it describes how you possibly have to process the rest of the
10 ebuild. Examples can be found in the prefix overlay, e.g.
11 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/app-shells/bash/bash-3.2_p17-r00.1.ebuild
12
13 It has the advantage for me that EAPI is never hidden away somewhere
14 down the ebuild, and it is just inserted by a simple bash script
15 automagically (eapify in this case).
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
21 --