From: David Shepard <daveman@××××××××××××.net>
To: Arthur Aldridge <aj@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux Desktop Configuration Guide
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:31:32
1 Please explain... Xfree AFAIK, is a dependency for KDE if you try
2 "emerge kde". It should emerge that long before it starts any of the KDE
3 stuff.
4
5 --David
9 On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 15:51, Arthur Aldridge wrote:
10 >
11 > FYI in you Linux Desktop Configuration Guide at:
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/desktop.html
13 > the first step "emerge kde" doesn't have the dependencies needed to
14 > also install Xfree. I didn't even think to look for Xfree when I did
15 > emerge --pretend kde and it failed presumably for that reason.
18 > --
19 > Arthur Aldridge
20 > Sun Certified Solaris Admin
21 > aj@×××××××.net