From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:34:23
1 * Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> [04/07/20 13:14 +0000]:
2 > So, with that said, thoughts, comments and other ideas are welcome.
3
4 First I have to say that it is a good choice not using
5 branching or tagging in CVS. Although CVS is purposed for
6 such things, it has ever been a pain maintaining another
7 branch (check out the other branch, do the changes, check
8 in, check out the HEAD-branch etc... -- and don't try to
9 check in a file to a branch which has been edited on another
10 branch...).
11
12 So the proposed KEYWORD-addition is a good deal. But you
13 should think about its name. 'stable' is quite bad, as we
14 name our current KEYWORDS without a ~ stable. So it would
15 confuse both users and devs. Another name would fit better,
16 like 'enterprise:' or something like this. This also shows
17 for what purpose it has been introduced.
18
19 Regards, Lars