From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Opennebula ebuild
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 12:59:52
1 Hi,
2
3 I start to thanks all your advices from previous emails related to
4 ebuild development.
5
6 I send you this email to let off steam about the big mess to have latest
7 OpenNebula version available in my Gentoo overlay[1]. This was the
8 problems I had to deal with:
9
10 - patch many source files with sed to change /usr/lib into /usr/lib64
11 - pretend phase fails for use flag docker because requires
12 -network-sandbox (I don't see value in the effort to use the
13 docker-machine driver in opennebula, besides it was possible to get all
14 required dependencies using EGO_SUM)
15 - pretend phase fails for use flag sunstone in case of an hotfix release
16 because it requires -network-sandbox (in this case is just impossible to
17 manage npm and bower)
18 - missing parser source files from official archive that I solved using
19 archive from same github tag using ebuild files to add them
20 - some files in /usr/lib64/one, /usr/share/one and /var/lib/one with
21 executable permissions (I need to use cp -a to copy this directories to
22 the image because the file permissions are set by their build tool, and
23 there are so many that I haven't the time to review them in each release
24 using the required Gentoo install functions)
25
26 I send an email to upstream with all my complaints, asking them that all
27 required dependencies for the source code must be present in the archive
28 and not being downloaded during build.
29
30 There are also compile problems for sunstone minified files using hotfix
31 release, and that's the reason why I have those ebuilds hard masked.
32
33 I also do a big improvement in ebuild code from the previous versions
34 that I had removed since they are insecure.
35
36 So in summary, is possible to install opennebula with network-sandbox
37 but without docker-machine driver and only using stable releases without
38 hotfixes. Anyway, the pretend phase tests for use flags docker and
39 sunstone, and fails in case it requires -network-sandbox. So is an user
40 decision in the end to allow -network-sandbox.
41
42 Best,
43
44 [1] https://cgit.gentoo.org/repo/user/ssnb.git/tree/app-emulation/opennebula