From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New cron herd?
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:07:15
1 Currently the cron packages (vixie-cron, dcron, fcron, anacron,
2 cronbase, ???) and sys-apps/at (not actually a cron but same kinda
3 idea) are all 'maintained' by base-system. As many of you are probably
4 aware, base-system has lots of bugs and not many developers, so certain
5 things tend not to receive as much attention as they might. Right now
6 the cron packages seem to be not particularly high up the list of
7 priorities. So...
8
9 Would there be any interest in forming a 'cron' herd to take care of
10 these packages? This would allow interested developers to join in
11 without having to receive the several dozen bug emails per day that
12 being on base-system entails.
13
14 Member-wise, it looks like I'm now maintaining vixie-cron since I stuck
15 my filthy paws all over it, and Ka0ttic didn't say no fast enough to
16 avoid being suckered in as co-maintainer. Are there any people who would
17 be interested in the other daemons? They're mostly pretty small packages
18 (vixie is the nasty one) which don't get updated very often.
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm