From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:26:21
1 Il giorno gio, 20/01/2011 alle 07.23 +0100, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." ha
2 scritto:
3 >
4 > Storing distfiles in public_html is not a perfect solution either. If
5 > the developer retires, what do we do with the files?
6
7 That's why (and I answer to Peter here as well), it is an ad interim
8 solution. As I said and repeated Robin is working on the final one but
9 until then we still prefer this method.
10
11 Besides, developers' home is usually archived already on retirement so
12 we can recover the files from there without having to beg users to send
13 them to us, as Ulrich testified.
16 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
17 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/