From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] The right approach to python-r2 (-r3?)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 13:52:23
1 [2020-03-04 13:07:40+0100] Michał Górny:
2 > Summary
3 > =======
4 > So to summarize, of the three proposed approaches:
5 >
6 > 1. A & C provide for fast cleanup of old API with mostly-automated
7 > conversion.
8 >
9 > 2. B & C provide for gradual cleanup of warnings and old EAPIs, i.e.
10 > stuff requiring runtime testing.
11 >
12 > 3. A & C makes it possible to get rid of -r1 shortly and reduce
13 > maintenance effort.
16 > What do you think?
17
18 It looks like you get everything nicely with option C, only drawback
19 I can think of is more code but you put it with 3. as maintainance
20 reducing so I guess it is the way to go.
21
22 But I'm wondering if there is some monster not shown by your email but
23 maybe it's because I might not have dug deep enough into python on
24 gentoo (probably because it has been going nicely so thanks btw).