From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sources.gentoo.org instability
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:21:18
1 Alec Warner schrieb:
2 >> Seriously, what do we gain from crawlers accessing sources.gentoo.org? I cant
3 >> really remember seeing it once in a google query result...
4 >
5 > We want the site searchable.
6
7 >>> The majority of the expensive requests are related to package.mask and
8 >>> use.local.desc queries by crawlers. Like crawling the entire 13000 rev
9 >>> history for package.mask (or similar.)
10
11 Would it be feasible to use mod_rewrite to direct the most expensive
12 requests to a static copy, which is re-generated every
13 ${REASONABLE_TIMEFRAME}?
16 Best regards,
17 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn