From: "Olivier CrĂȘte" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] imlate x86 Editon and more x86 fun
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:18:34
1 Hi,
2
3 After Ciaran's comment on -core, I wondered how imlate would fare on
4 x86. For those who are not familiar with it, imlate list all packages on
5 one architecture that are outdated compared to another architecture. All
6 other architectures use x86 as a reference.. That clearly didn't work
7 for us. So I hacked it to compare x86 to all other Linux keywords.
8
9 The results are surprising, 214 packages are more recent on non-x86
10 architectures. But its pretty hard to know if its because they have arch
11 specific patches or because the maintainer's arch is not x86... We
12 should really have a way to specify in the ebuild or metadata.xml what
13 arch is the maintainer arch.
14
15 I also ran the notx86 (notamd64 renamed) script on the tree (it finds
16 packages that dont have an x86 keyword at all)... and I handfiltered the
17 result for obvious errors..
18
19 This is all available at http://dev.gentoo.org/~tester/imlate/
20
21 Ah yea, and I also tried my new imlate script on amd64 and it finds
22 about 50% more packages than the regular version..
23
24 We really need to form an x86 team...
27 Olivier CrĂȘte
28 tester@g.o
29 x86 Security Liaison