From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:58:36
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 >> The goal is to avoid a double-flag combo to do a single thing. "qt"
3 >> always and only affects the _best_ available qt interface for that
4 >> package. "qt#" affects only _older_ available qt interfaces for that
5 >> package.
6 >
7 > OK; so with this we're not providing a way to get an "only qt3" system
8 > or "only qt4" via USE flags. Perhaps users can do that with local
9 > masking, provided ebuilds that can build against both depend on all the
10 > relevant versions:
11 >
12 > qt? || ( =dev-libs/qt-3.3* =dev-libs/qt-4.1* )
13
14 Yes, I just mentioned elsewhere in the thread that this is a downside of
15 this design. Another possibility is getting rid of USE=qt and having
16 only USE=qt#.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie