From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-info.eclass and $CONFIG_CHECK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:15:09
1 On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 06:43 -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > I kindof wonder why it doesn't try the sources of the running kernel. They
4 > > are easilly found at "/lib/modules/`uname -v`/build". Of course as a
5 >
6 > You mean `uname -r` :)
7
8 Also, that only works if ppp is a module. What if it is compiled into
9 the kernel?
10
11 My suggestion is to agree with Henrik. We should have a warning
12 instead, that first checks the kernel type (no point in making a stink
13 on *BSD), then the config. If it isn't found, give some nasty beeps and
14 a pause with a big fat warning, then continue.
15
16 By the way, this breaks the current way we build a livecd. While we can
17 move the ppp compile to after the kernel is configured, it means we need
18 to move anything that relies on ppp also. This really is a PITA when it
19 isn't necessary, as ppp compiles perfectly fine without a configured
20 kernel, as witnessed by every release up unto and including 2005.1's
21 release.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
26 Games - Developer