From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: djc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-arch/bzip2: bzip2-1.0.5-r1.ebuild
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:43:56
1 On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:28:47 +0200
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:27, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > In all cases I want one resource to look at, viewcvs is a horrible
7 > > and slow interface. So it does make sense to keep changelogs filled
8 > > with information - maybe automation is needed, I don't have a
9 > > strong opinion either way. But don't make me do more work because
10 > > you are lazy, that never ends well.
11 >
12 > IMO we should just make repoman commit update the ChangeLog.
13
14 What if we wanted to remove ChangeLogs then for autogeneration? Will we
15 require all devs to quickly update their portage versions?
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny