From: Javier Marcet <lists@××××××.info>
To: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
Cc: Jeremy Huddleston <jeremy@×××××××××××.org>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ALSA and kernel 2.6.1-gentoo-r1 and /etc/init.d/alsasound
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:11:07
1 * Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o> [040223 14:00]:
2
3 >> It should work if you enable 'Sound Support' as a module.
4
5 >> I tested out development-sources-2.6.3 + alsa-driver-1.0.2c.
6
7 >> FWIW, A new version of the ALSA Configuration HOWTO is waiting on
8 >> bugzilla for the doc team to place on the web.
9
10 >I can confirm. I compiled all sound related stuff as a module and simply
11 >followed the current alsa-guide ditto (only skipped emerge alsa-driver).
12
13 All right, in 2.6.1 or so you had to enable it static. But anyway, what
14 for me makes no sense at all is emerging alsa-driver with a 2.6.x kernel.
15 What's the need?
19 Javier Marcet <javier@××××××.info>
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list