From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: maintainer-needed@ packages need you!
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 01:13:33
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 00:01:46 +0100 Matthias Maier wrote:
4 > Am 09. Jan 2015, 23:42 schrieb Diamond <diamond@××××××.ru>:
5 > >> [...] (that's why I used all
6 > >> that LXC and separate X server precautions).
7 > >
8 > > Can you give any reference about how to isolate Skype properly using
9 > > LXC?
10
11 This one is a good walkthrough:
12 https://www.stgraber.org/2014/02/09/lxc-1-0-gui-in-containers/
13 Though it uses the same X server
14
15 > I'm also interested in the separate X server part =)
16
17 I'm too lazy to write a full manual right now.
18 In short, there are two ways to solve this:
19
20 1) Setup X server in LXC container. This will require a lot of
21 maintenance (and trouble) during setup and updates.
22
23 2) Build xorg with USE="xnest", run it, and provide an access to
24 required display to skype (via either Unix or TCP socket).
25
26 Beware that one wouldn't be able to change window sizes and
27 positions that way, so one would probably want to run some simple
28 WM, like twm.
29
30 Another note is that skype will still be able to intercept audio
31 and video input (if configured so, otherwise one wouldn't be able
32 to use it otherwise as instant messenger), so it should be run only
33 on per-needed basis (or at least given an access to this devices
34 on per-needed basis).
35
36 Best regards,
37 Andrew Savchenko