From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Assigning bugs back to bug-wranglers@
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:52:05
1 On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > To anyone (else) out there who thinks that bug wranglers should be
3 > punished when they make mistakes in the heap of unthankful work they
4 > perform on a more than daily basis, I would like you to know that if
5 > you reassign bugs (back) to bug-wranglers@ without properly
6 > communicating the reason you are doing so, I have no option but to
7 > close the bug as CANTFIX. The reasoning is that bug-wranglers is a
8 > waystation (or perhaps a reception desk) between users and developers -
9 > we cannot begin to fix your bugs for you.
10
11 Sounds reasonable to me. Can't be too hard to do "Assigning back to
12 b-w's because I don't maintain this package" or similar.
13
14 On a side note: How is the "b-w SOP doc" coming? It is obvious to me
15 the b-w is tedious a time consuming so I would like to help every now
16 and then but I really am not sure about the rules wrt assignment just
17 by looking at metadata.xml. IMO, b-w'ing is something that anyone can
18 do.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list