From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:32:02
1 Yes, i know that i don't need rp-pppoe. When you configure
2 rp-pppoe to use kernel-mode it will disable it's own software-part.
3 It is really more comfortable to configure pppd with the rp-pppoe
4 script - that's why i used this. Also it has a good working function
5 to keep up the line. I've a 'flatrate' so i want a to be connected
6 everytime. ;-)
7
8 I don't think that the pppd patch would be included in the base
9 pppd distributen. We could create an extra dir pppd_pppoe in the
10 net/dial-up directory to add this version and the ebuild for this.
11
12 I don't manage the USE-flags. Ask someone else... (D. Robbins?)
13
14 Sebastian
15
16 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
17 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
18 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von BoehmeSilvio
19 Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2001 15:05
20 An: 'gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org'
21 Betreff: RE: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
24 Hi,
25
26 why you need rp-pppoe, if you have the patched pppd ?
27 The patched version of pppd works standalone. Only one
28 entry in the ppp-options must set to load the pppoe plugin.
29
30 I don't know, if ( and in which version ) the pppd patch will be included in
31 the main pppd development.
32 I think a USE flag is a good way to do this.
33
34 Is it possible to add a USE flag ??
35
36 By
37
38 Silvio
41 > -----Original Message-----
42 > From: Sebastian Werner [mailto:sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de]
43 > Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 2:44 PM
44 > To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
45 > Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
48 > I use the german (T-)DSL, too. I use rp-pppoe on my system which
49 > is configured to use the kernel-mode api.
50 >
51 > I have tried to extend the ebuild for rp-pppoe to download and build
52 > the pppd (patched) too - but failed. So i have build this by
53 > hand - and
54 > it works. If we add a use-flag (like pppoe_kernelmode) it
55 > could be possible
56 > to become this to work. I have tried this only a half hour. But as my
57 > solution - without build - work i give up - sorry.
58 >
59 > Sebastian
60 >
61 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
62 > Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
63 > [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von BoehmeSilvio
64 > Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2001 10:48
65 > An: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
66 > Betreff: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
69 > Hi,
70 >
71 > i try to use german "T-DSL" with gentoo.
72 > In the past i used the patched version of pppd. ( kernel mode pppoe )
73 > This works fine with gentoo, but all dependencies for pppd
74 > does't work,
75 > because
76 > i compiled pppd manualy.
77 >
78 > So i have 2 questions:
79 >
80 > 1. What is your prefered way to use PPPOE, especialy for german dsl
81 > 2. Does someone use the patched version of pppd ( maybe with
82 > an ebuild ? )
83 > If not (2.) , i'll try to build a ebuild script for this pppd.
84 >
85 > By
86 > Silvio
89 > gentoo-dev mailing list