From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:13:56
1 On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:01:51 +0200
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 24/02/13 16:17, hasufell wrote:
6 > > Hash: SHA1
7 > >
8 > > On 02/24/2013 11:11 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
9 > >> On 24/02/2013 11:06, Michał Górny wrote:
10 > >>> Then don't put 'autotools' in the name.
11 > >>
12 > >> +1
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > That would be multilib-minimal.eclass then?
16 >
17 > Sounds good to me.
18 >
19 > > ABCD also suggested something else:
20 > > autotools-multilib.eclass -> autotools-utils-multilib.eclass
21 >
22 > This makes sense too, autotools-multilib.eclass is misleading as it
23 > embeds the "unrelated" autotools-utils.eclass
24 >
25 > So it seems currently that some are against this eclass, some are
26 > against the whole idea and favour multilib-portage, some are against
27 > using autotools-utils.eclass for this, ...
28 > Some people are already committing the eclass version changes/fixes to
29 > tree, some are filing bug reports about bugs caused by it, ...
30 >
31 > It would be nice if people agreed but I guess that is not happening, so
32 > i'll be pushing this eclass to tree under name 'multilib-minimal.eclass'
33 > if I don't hear compelling arguments for not doing so, or in case you
34 > push it before me
35
36 No, don't do it. Or at least wait till I clean up multilib-build a bit.
39 Best regards,
40 Michał Górny