From: Zoltan Puskas <zoltan@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Vim needs your help!
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 08:00:00
1 Hey.
2
3 I use vim quite a bit, I'm happy to help out.
4
5 Zoltan
6
7 On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 10:59:07PM +0200, Patrice Clement wrote:
8 > Hi!
9 >
10 > I'm the only maintainer left within the Gentoo Vim Project [1] and would need
11 > some help to maintain the vim editor along with the app-vim/ category.
12 >
13 > vim and vim packages are low-maintenance: a version bump here, a security fix
14 > there. vim ebuilds aren't that complicated. vim eclasses have to be migrated to
15 > EAPI 8. I would like the eclasses to support neovim at some point too (yeah
16 > it's about time).
17 >
18 > It has been suggested to disband the project and return all vim packages to
19 > maintainer-needed since, well, I'm the only person in it. To be honest, I would
20 > like the project structure to remain as-is as I think disbanding the project
21 > may make matters worse.
22 >
23 > Feel free to join the #vim IRC channel on irc.libera.chat or respond to this
24 > email if you're interested.
25 >
26 > [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Vim
27 >