From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:41:17
1 On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:23:20 +0100
2 Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > >> I'd like to see, that bootstrap.sh unmerges any old gcc
5 > >> (emerge -C \<${gcc package that we just compiled})
6 > >
7 > > that's a bad idea imo
8 > >
9 > > let the user decide which gcc they wish to have
10 >
11 > But doesn't bootstrap.sh rebuild gcc? I have to take a look again,
12 > but i think bootstrap.sh rebuilt gcc 3.4 only - not 3.3.
13 > gcc 3.3 was only rebuilt during "emerge -e system".
14
15 that sounds rather unlikely, if gcc-3.4 was installed `emerge -e system`
16 would have rebuilt it, not the 3.3 version (unless there is a dep on
17 <3.4 in system).
18
19 Marius
24 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
25 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.