From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A few ideas...
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:58:24
1 Hi!
2
3 I was sitting and thinking of simplifying the process of having / (and maybe
4 other partitions) running for a RAM-disk that can be stored on NFS, cdrom, and
5 maybe even a harddrive (with encrypted fs).
6
7 I've never played around with ramdisks and I wonder how much that needs to be
8 done to make a little shellscript for gentoo that copies down / and other
9 selected partitions to a iso or something and configures the rest of the system
10 to boot from that later on.
11 Another problem might be updating the image, therefor it would be nice with a
12 single command to rewrite the whole image :)
13
14 Anyone wanna help me on this as I have time and would like a feature like that
15 on some of my computers.
16
17 As I said before, it would be nice to have it as a integrated feature of gentoo,
18 making it alot easier to work with.
21 Christan Axelsson
22 smiler@××××××××××.nu