From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 20:31:12
1 On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 12:18 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > 1. Posting to gentoo-dev@ and gentoo-project@ mailing lists will be
4 > initially restricted to active Gentoo developers.
5 >
6 > 1a. Subscription (reading) and archives will still be open.
7 >
8 > 1b. Active Gentoo contributors will be able to obtain posting access
9 > upon being vouched for by an active Gentoo developer.
12 On the face of it, I like this proposal. On the other hand, wouldn't it be
13 better if we just had more active list moderators? That is, moderators who
14 move problematic user's posts to moderated by default, and then withhold
15 the specific posts if necessary?
16
17 2. A new mailing list 'gentoo-expert' will be formed to provide
18 > a discussion medium for expert Gentoo users and developers.
19 >
20 > 2a. gentoo-expert will have open posting access like gentoo-dev has now.
23 I'm not sure this will be worth it. Who exactly do you think is the
24 audience for this mailing list? What is the goal? How is it different from
25 existing mailing lists?
26
27 Cheers,
28