From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:22:40
1 On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 05:05:21PM +0000, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:57:06 +0100
3 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Of course it does... Lots of people can't remove outdated broken cruft
6 > > because $ebuild still depends on something since $arch has been
7 > > slacking for months. Lots of people are forced to maintain outdated
8 > > junk in this way, it's not like it's just sitting there doing nothing.
9 >
10 > Did you even read my mail? We're not asking people to maintain old
11 > stuff, just to leave it there as is until a newer one can be tested and
12 > keyworded.
13
14 No he didn't, and he probably won't. I've tried to explain this at least
15 once in #gentoo-qa and he didn't seem to *want+ to understand it.
16
17 Maybe we aren't being clear enough...
18
19 - ferdy
22 Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
23 Gentoo Developer (Alpha,net-mail,mutt,git)
24 20BB BDC3 761A 4781 E6ED ED0B 0A48 5B0C 60BD 28D4