From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: app-office/hamster-time-tracker
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 18:18:51
1 On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 09:20:43AM +0100, Geaaru wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >I'm not sure that is correct to reply to this thread, sorry if not.
4 >
5 >I currently use hamster and yes master tree is unmaintained but scenario is
6 >difficult for this package. From old tree are been created different fork:
7 >* one that split module in different modules (hamster-lib, hamster-gtk,
8 >hamster-dbus,etc)
9 >* one that rebuild module on ruby
10 >* if I remember correctly one that continue python implementation
11 >
12 >But, it isn't so clear at least for me, what is the best fork or stable (I
13 >currently use old implememtation).
14 >So, I think that could be a choice try to identify a more stable fork and
15 >move ebuild to this new implementation (maybe with a rename of the package)
16 >and move ebuild to proxy-maintainer group.
17 >
18 >I will try to investigate on it in the christmas holidays and see if I can
19 >take care of ebuild maintenance.
20
21 Hi Geaaru,
22
23 yes, you raise good points here and I found what's going on upstream pretty confusing too :) I really appreciate you wanting to investigate this further. We can help you or work with you to create a new package in case you need it.
24
25 Thanks,
26
27 Nick