From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item for Paludis kdebuild-1 removal
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:24:17
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > Since kdebuild-1 is to be removed from PMS immediately, it's going to
6 > go from Paludis in the next release too. We need to warn users about
7 > this, since they'll no longer be able to uninstall kdebuild-1
8 > packages they have installed. Please review the following GLEP 42
9 > news item for this:
10
11 As we cannot be sure that a former GenKDEsvn user still uses some of
12 the KDE overlays, putting that news item in the main tree seems ok.
13 Although it is a special case. You have a committer for this?
14
15 > The Gentoo Council has decided that all mention of the kdebuild-1 EAPI
16 > is to be removed from the Package Manager Specification immediately.
17
18 How many users will care what the PMS is? And why is a cleaned up
19 specification breaking your implementation? Tell them that kdebuild-1
20 has reached its end of life and support will phase out.
21
22 V-Li
25 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
26 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
27
28 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>