From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding two USE flags to 2008.0's profiles
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 06:43:12
1 I'm thinking of adding both the bluetooth and usb USE flags to the
2 2008.0 profiles for amd64/x86. I'll be adding just usb for everybody
3 else, unless they want bluetooth, also.
4
5 So why am I asking about this?
6
7 Well, I'm wanting to add it to the "2008.0" profiles, not the "desktop"
8 or "server" sub-profiles. This means it'll hit pretty much everybody.
9 That being said, this normally enables hardware support, so I see it as
10 a good thing.
11
12 If adding "bluetooth" seems to be a bit much, how about just the "usb"
13 USE flag? After all, my UPS won't work with apcupsd without USE="usb"
14 on my server... ;]
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Games Developer