From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] moving bzip2 from local to global USE flag
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:59:25
1 On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:16:06AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > ah, was not aware of said flag ... yes they should be unified ...
3
4 Agreed.
5
6 > personally i think 'bzip2' is a bit more logical ... what do others think we
7 > should use ? just stick with bzlib since it's what we've had it for a while
8 > now ?
9
10 I'd say always try to make things more logical. Besides, there are only
11 a few packages using the bzlib flag.
12
13 I did however find quite a few that did an unconditional --with-bzlib as
14 well as one (dev-util/gambas) that uses bzlib2, which I can't find
15 anywhere.
16
17 Maurice.
20 Maurice van der Pot