From: Martin Owens <martin@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Drivers/Portage
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:02:30
1 This is probably not a new idea, but I've had the idea of creating a driver
2 portage system that contains information firstly, detection secondly and
3 configuration scripts and tools thirdly.
4
5 the idea is to enable admins and users to quickly learn if their device is
6 suported, find out what device they actualy have and maybe get the right
7 configuration, kernel modules and scripts installed.
8
9 I just know someone has to be working on this, because it seems like such a
10 worthwhile project to enable Linux to escape the hardware headache monica it
11 has too readly acuired.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list