From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Mass keywording/stabilisation of ebuilds in app-emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:49:34
1 Most packages in the app-emacs category have stabilize-allarches in
2 their metadata because they are arch independent. However, their
3 keywords don't reflect this and differ from package to package, mostly
4 for historical reasons.
5
6 So, I would like to mass keyword all ebuilds in app-emacs (as far as
7 stabilize-allarches applies to them) to the intersection of keywords
8 of their dependencies. Same applies to stabilisation; if an ebuild is
9 stable on amd64, I would stabilise it on all other arches, as far as
10 dependencies allow it.
11
12 Also, any new package added to app-emacs in future would start out with
13 the complete set of keywords. (I am aware that this doesn't agree with
14 the policy as it is documented in the devmanual:
15 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#keywording-new-packages)
16
17 Any objections?
18