From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 23:42:55
1 On Thursday 02 September 2004 01:20, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Which is better? Having 'emerge gnome' fail entirely, or having 'emerge
3 > gnome' provide a working gnome which might have a small number of minor
4 > unfixed bugs?
5
6 Ciaran "the Gnome basher" again. ;) If `emerge gnome` fails entirely, why was
7 it ever marked stable on the specific arch? I don't want to speak about the
8 Gnome "cannot fix imlib stuff" herd, since there is enough KDE "cannot fix a
9 lot of things - at best yesterday" herd stuff.
10
11 To answer your question: Yes, it's better to wait a bit longer - and no, I
12 don't speak about minor stuff. I just say, arch maintainers can't know, if
13 there's a problem maybe, even though the ebuild compiled flawlessly for the
14 moment.
17 Carsten
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list