From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk2 use flag must die
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:48:44
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 00:29, foser wrote:
2 > I don't think gtk 1 will leave the tree soon, but at least we can try to
3 > make it unneeded on most users systems.
4 I would just give my 2 eurocents about this, although I originally wasn't so
5 keen on having gtk2 useflag dropped entirely.
6
7 gtk 1.2 has also quite a bit of unicode/utf-8 problems... on alsaplayer we
8 were plenty of crashes due to that.
9 We're in 2006 and many users with native languages that requires special
10 characters uses UTF-8, as it was discussed a while ago, with time, also users
11 having English as native language will start using UTF-8 to be able to
12 exchange information with the others... Mac OS X already uses UTF-8 by
13 default as system codepage.
14 This means that always more users will find problems and crashes with GTK
15 1.2...
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE