From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRc-0.12 and gentoo-oldnet-0.1 keywording question
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:50:46
1 On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 16:44 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > one thing that is going to be different about OpenRc-0.12 is the oldnet
5 > scripts (net.* and /lib*/rc/net/*) are going to be split out into their
6 > own package, gentoo-oldnet-0.1. This will be brought in by a pdepend
7 > initially to make sure everyone who doesn't have newnet gets the
8 > package.
9 >
10 > Since this package is not new code (it is just split out from OpenRc),
11 > do I need to drop all except the keyword for my arch on both packages
12 > and have the arch teams re-keyword everything, or,
13 > is it acceptable to have the same ~arch keywords for gentoo-oldnet
14 > that I have for OpenRc now?
15 >
16 > If I were introducing new code, I would drop all of the keywords except
17 > my arch, but that really isn't the case here, so any thoughts would be
18 > appreciated.
19 >
20 > William
23 I'd say keep them. They will be ~arch anyway, so will get some proper
24 testing again anyway.