From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New "Accept Github contributions" metadata flag
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:55:43
1 On 2020-08-18 14:05, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2
3 > I'm suggesting of adding a new metadata flag to our Wiki's
4 > User:/Project: page which then prints a message to this page saying
5 > whether the maintainer (be it project or user), "accepts" or "deals
6 > with" Github contributions. The wording can be a bit better, but it'd be
7 > there to **notify** our **contributors** whether their time and effort
8 > will most likely be wasted making a pull request for this particular
9 > maintainer.
10
11 I like this idea. While I do use GitHub PRs and GitLab MRs in the course
12 of my work I personally have found them more trouble than they are worth
13 as far as Gentoo is concerned - and GitHub in particular I am not a huge
14 fan of.
17 MS