From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] handling of usb in init scripts
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:11:25
1 On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 01:01:45PM -0700, scott worley wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Running rc6-r12. I'm no init expert but it appears the localmount
5 > script assumes usbcore support is compiled, not modularized. I rebuilt
6 > the kernel will all usb as modules so /proc/bus/usb does not exist until
7 > the usbcore module is loaded, therefore mounting of usbdevfs fails. I
8 > can change localmount to load usbcore but in the general case the script
9 > needs to detect whether usbcore is modularized or not so no error is
10 > generated by trying to load a module which doesn't exist. Should this
11 > be done in localmount or in the script which mounts the root filesystem r/w?
12
13 See if this new localmount script works for you:
14 (attached) Let me know if it does.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>