From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] root:root and fbsd
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:53:47
1 Hi,
2 ok another problem for Gentoo/FreeBSD project :P
3 Currently there are a few places where, to fix permissions of files, the
4 ebuilds does a chown -R root:root ${D} or something similar.
5 Unfortunately such a command is invalid on G/FBSD because there's no root
6 group, instead wheel group has GID=0.
7
8 So I was wondering for a solution for this problem: we have a $USERLAND
9 variable which can be used to select the way the chown must be done, if chown
10 root:root or chown root:wheel; I think both BSD and Darwin userland prefers
11 root:wheel above root:root, so maybe adding a function in eutils which fixes
12 the permissions based on the current $USERLAND value is enough...
13
14 Comments?
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
18 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
19
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/