From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org, gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: master rsync server changes
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:11:56
1 Hey all,
2
3 I'm finally confident with the new master rsync server and so I'd like to
4 finally point things to it on Wednesday night. It'll be running on a spiffy
5 Opteron 246 :) (thank Nvidia for the box!) We'll start working on it sometime
6 after 9pm CST (0300 UTC). During this time the portage tree will *not* be
7 updating for a few hours. We need to ensure that all the mtimes and such are
8 identical on the new server so we don't cause a huge spike on the rsync servers.
9 So please don't commit something shortly before this and have something major
10 break ;).
11
12 If things do appear to be breaking, please don't create ten billion bugs about
13 it. We'll create a tracker bug to ensure any issues get resolved quickly. I'll
14 post to the list when we finish with the migration and have things moving again.
15
16 Just to clarify, this will only affect portage rsync mirrors.
17
18 Wish us luck!
19
20 Cheers,
23 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
24 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager
25
26 ---
27 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
28 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
29
30 ramereth/irc.freenode.net