From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New PROPERTIES=interactive value to identify interactive packages?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:17:09
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2
3 > Like Alec said, I don't think this is a difficult thing to get right
4 > and even if the maintainer doesn't get it right initially then it's
5 > not something that's very difficult to spot and fix. More elusive
6 > bugs certainly do exist. That said, I still would like to make use
7 > of the standard job control functions to detect and handle cases
8 > like that. However, that does not entirely preclude the usefulness
9 > of the knowledge that PROPERTIES=interactive is intended to provide.
12 I agree with all the points presented. Sounds like you have a pretty
13 good plan here.
14
15 Thanks,
16 -Jeremy