From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] viewcvs is back online
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:17:10
1 Thanks to the efforts of robh and others, viewcvs is now back online and
2 functioning. A few notes:
3
4 * The load of viewcvs is now spread across multiple servers, so users
5 should notice an improved response time.
6 * This is not a real-time picture of our cvs tree. Files are updated once
7 per night.
8 * With the old system, we had a significant number of problems with people
9 spidering through the web interface trying to mimic checking out a local
10 repository. This is not what viewcvs is intended for and we will be
11 implementing rate-limiting iptables rulesets to prevent abuse.
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/
14
15 --kurt