From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o, dev-portage@g.o, glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP draft review: 'Post-install QA checks'
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:20:25
1 Hello, developers and almost-developers :).
2
3 I have finished the first draft of 'post-install QA checks' GLEP [1],
4 and I would like to get some reviews of it :).
5
6 The whole effort started with me splitting the original QA check
7 function in Portage into install-qa-check.d. Now I'd like to have
8 a well-defined spec for the checks that can be stored in repositories
9 and installed by packages. Kensington has extended it with machine-
10 logging facilities so that tinderbox would be able to easily parse QA
11 check results.
12
13 Abstract (pasted for reference)
14 -------------------------------
15
16 This GLEP provides a mechanism for running QA checks on installation
17 image after src_install phase exits. The checks can be provided by
18 the Package Manager, repositories, packages (installed system-wide)
19 and the system administrator. The QA checks can inspect the installation
20 image, output and store both user- and machine-oriented QA warning logs,
21 manipulate the files and abort the install, as necessary.
22
23 [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:MGorny/Draft:install-qa-check.d
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny