From: Arun Raghavan <arunisgod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 04:00:56
1 On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:43 AM, David Leverton
2 <levertond@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > 2008/6/13 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
4 >> In this instance, it's the "pulling teeth" to get info on a claimed known
5 >> bug from PMS folks on pkgcore, while at the same time, complaints about
6 >> the non-clarity of PMS is met with remarks (by the same group of people)
7 >> of (paraphrased) "filed a patch yet?"
8 >
9 > In the case of the pkgcore bug, there was an objective statement of
10 > the fact that a bug existed, including simple instructions for
11 > reproducing it (which were dismissed by a certain person claiming he
12 > had already done so and found no bug - clearly a lie). In the case
13
14 There's a bug is an objective statement, I agree. Write some tests and
15 figure it out for yourself is simply malice (yes, I realise it was you
16 who provided the failing ebuild, and that is appreciated).
17
18 And why do you have to be plain insulting about it? Nobody can
19 magically spot every single bug in any piece of code presented to
20 them. In fact it's why the "given enough eyes ..." adage is one of the
21 bases of open source development.
22
23 I _honestly_ do not understand why there is so much trouble in simple
24 cooperation amongst adults.
25
26 Regards,
27 --
28 Arun Raghavan
29 (http://nemesis.accosted.net)
30 v2sw5Chw4+5ln4pr6$OFck2ma4+9u8w3+1!m?l7+9GSCKi056
31 e6+9i4b8/9HTAen4+5g4/8APa2Xs8r1/2p5-8 hackerkey.com
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list