From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Stabilizations and src_test
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 08:43:18
1 Hello all,
2
3 If you work on the stabilization workflow you may have noticed that:
4
5 - There are people that rant if you don't run src_test against their packages;
6 - There are people that rant if you open a test failure bug against their
7 packages and you block the stabilization.
8
9 So, unless there will be a clear policy about that, I'd suggest to introduce a
10 way to establish if a package is expected to pass src_test or not.
11
12 A simple way to achieve this goal would be:
13 introduce a new bugzilla custom flag (like "Runtime testing required" we
14 already have) maybe called "src_test pass" or similar, that, by default is yes
15 and the maintainer should set it to no when needed.
16
17 In case of 'yes', the arch team member must compile with FEATURE="test" and he
18 is allowed to block the stabilization in case of test-failure.
19
20 In case there will be a test-failure there are two choices:
21 1) The maintainer fixes the test failure;
22 2) The maintainer does not want to take care, so he can simply remove the
23 blocker and set "src_test pass" to no.
24
25 Both of the above are fine for me.
26
27 Obviously, if there are already test-failure bugs open, the flag "src_test
28 pass" should be set to 'no' when the stabilization bugs is filled.
29
30 I'm sure that this way would help to avoid wasting time on both sides.
31
32 What do you think about?
35 Agostino