From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-embedded] Interactive command
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:59:05
1 On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 21:37 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Thursday 14 July 2005 20:58, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > echo "being that no portage dev in his/her right mind would ever"
4 > > echo "allow interactive code in an ebuild we use bashrc tricks"
5 >
6 > Actually, I promote interactive code in pkg_config(). There's no standard as
7 > to what it will do, so there's no real solution other than telling the user
8 > and then waiting for confirmation.
9 >
10 > As for the other phases, they should of course be 100% non-interactive.
11 > However, a pkg_presetup() or some such couldn't go astray - as long as it was
12 > purely optional. It would be much better to wait until portage supports
13 > arbitrary per-package env for it to be of any real use though.
14
15 I just checked and pkg_config does not handle make menuconfig correctly
16 either :( Probably a bug.
17
18 One of my option was to unpack, config, merge (it would do the same, but
19 you would have to know you must config after unpack)... I'm goiing to
20 check how to fix that. :)
21
22 Kristian
23