From: "Bryan Ãstergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributors
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:12:49
1 On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 01:54:02PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > Josh Saddler wrote:
3 > > Because as much as possible, we need to see something concrete, not "maybe
4 > > an arch tester." We need to have a better definition of what "when needed
5 > > is" and who these "some people" are -- think about it. Do we want a system
6 > > that works like devship, but only halfway -- like you suggested, just
7 > > passing the ebuild quiz -- or is something more needed?
8 >
9 > If it needs to be extended a new GLEP like this one can be written or this
10 > one extended. This is only about bugzilla access, nothing more. So no, it
11 > is meant to be as non-concrete as possible to allow usage in as many cases
12 > as possible.
13 >
14 This practically means opening up bugzie to world + dog. Maybe not right
15 now but being so non-concrete as you call it means we can never tell
16 anybody no. All they have to do is calling themselves a contributor.
17 Personally I think this is only going to lead to chaos and I'm not at
18 all frilled by the idea.
19
20 If this is to go forward it needs to be well-defined - handwaving simply
21 isn't cutting it imo.
22
23 Regards,
24 Bryan Østergaard