From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 19:27:50
1 On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 5:17 AM Samuel Bernardo <
2 samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi again Michał,
5 > On 3/27/20 11:48 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
6 > > Nope, just ::gentoo. Minus ebuilds with RESTRICT=mirror.
7 >
8 > I have some doubts after reading the mirror documentation[1] in the
9 > context of personal overlays (not official).
10 >
11 > There is two procedures defined as I could understand:
12 > - manually upload a file to mirror://gentoo, scp it to
13 > dev.gentoo.org:/space/distfiles-local
14 >
15 > - having SRC_URI defined as
16 > SRC_URI="https://dev.gentoo.org/~myname/distfiles/${P}.tar.gz" to avoid
17 > namespace collisions with RESTRIC=mirror in ebuild would be uploaded
18 > automatically
19 >
20 > The use of mirror://gentoo directly is a deprecated policy. So it must
21 > be used https instead.
22 >
23 > 1) Did I understand it right?
24 >
25 > 2) What is dev.gentoo.org:~/public_html? Do this means that is only
26 > available to Gentoo official developers the access to the mirror[2]?
29 The Gentoo Mirror system is basically a set of scripts that syncs the
30 ::gentoo repository, enumerates all URIs in SRC_URI for all ebuilds, and
31 fetches them.
32 It doesn't enumerate anything in any overlays. Overlay authors are required
33 to point SRC_URI somewhere useful (typically to an upstream URI.)
34
35 Gentoo Developers use "https://dev.gentoo.org/~user/distfiles" as an origin
36 URI for items where either Gentoo *is* the upstream, or there is no
37 upstream (e.g. a custom Gentoo patchset.) Any origin URI can be used; this
38 just happens to be some free hosting that Gentoo Developers have access to
39 use.
40
41 -A
45 > Best,