From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: lists@×××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: games-strategy/x2, games-strategy/x2-demo
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:53:59
1 On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Or N^4 people downloading ebuilds which serve no purpose whatever. That
3 > stacks faster than you think.
6 That seems more like an argument for not having non-free (as in beer)
7 proprietary software in the tree at all.
8
9 I have mixed feelings on this particular removal. I'd probably leave
10 it there until it is actually broken, but the problem with stuff like
11 this is that it is almost impossible to tell if it actually is broken,
12 since none of the devs have access to the distfiles. As a result it
13 probably makes sense to be more aggressive about treecleaning non-free
14 software if it doesn't have an active maintainer.
15
16 Rich