From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ELT-patches from overlay?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:44:40
1 Hi,
2
3 In libtool.eclass[1], it is mentioned in the comments of elt_patch_dir()
4 that
5
6 # If an overlay has eclass overrides, but doesn't actually override the
7 # libtool.eclass, we'll have ECLASSDIR pointing to the active overlay's
8 # eclass/ dir, but libtool.eclass is still in the main Gentoo tree. So
9 # add a check to locate the ELT-patches/ regardless of what's going on.
12 But quoting from PMS[2], "ECLASSDIR: The full path to the master
13 repository’s eclass directory", ECLASSDIR always points to
14 ${PORTDIR}/eclass, regardless how the repos.conf is configured.
17 Thus as long as ELT-patches dir of the gx86 tree exists, there is no way
18 to tell libtool.eclass to use it in my overlay.
19
20 Do I have to hack libtool.eclass?
21
22 Cheers,