From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Removal of rxvt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:58:00
1 Hi folks,
2
3 Rxvt is ancient. It's been replace by rxvt-unicode. Rxvt hasn't seen
4 updates in years. Recently it's been the subject of a security
5 vulnerability, and I suspect it's filled with other potential
6 vulnerabilities. Rxvt has no upstream. I tried reaching out to the
7 former upstream, and it's evident everybody has moved on and has no
8 interest in further maintenance. It doesn't even have a Gentoo
9 maintainer!
10
11 Given this, I'd like to remove rxvt from Gentoo, with the usual
12 mask-for-30-days process.
13
14 Does anybody have any objections to me doing this? (I'll wait a week
15 from now before taking any actions.)
16
17 Regards,
18 Jason
21 Jason A. Donenfeld
22 Gentoo Linux Security
23 zx2c4@g.o
24 www.zx2c4.com
25 zx2c4.com/keys/A28BEDE08F1744E16037514806C4536755758000.asc