From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: kentfredric@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 06:54:50
1 On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:07:58 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 27 June 2012 19:51, Federico "fox" Scrinzi <fox91@×××××.no> wrote:
5 > > The main question is: what would you like to have on this dashboard?
6 > > Currently (in the development version) there's the possibility to
7 > > login and watch/unwatch packages/categories/herds/... and see the
8 > > watched stuff in the account dashboard. We're planning on
9 > > implementing a weekly(?) custom newsletter based on the packages
10 > > you're watching, which features would you like?
11 > >
12 > > The project repo for the GSoC is here:
13 > > https://github.com/volpino/euscan
14 > >
15 > > Thanks!
18 > For the most part it seems to get upstream / portage versioning right,
19 > but occasionally you get miss-matches for some reason.
20 >
21 > It would be nice to allow to provide some mapping mechanism that
22 > existed on the overlay itself to inform euscan how to map upstream
23 > versions to downstream ones, but implementing that would be far too
24 > complex I feel.
25 >
26 > Instead, it would be nice to have a mechanism in the interface to set
27 > a "Upstream version is" value for each package if euscan can't tell.
28 >
29 > Ie:
30 >
31 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/HTML-TreeBuilder-LibXML/
32 >
33 > Upstream is 0.71 , portage is ( normalised ) to 0.710.0 , and these
34 > are in fact the same version. So in 0.710.0 , it would be nice to be
35 > able to set the upstream version manually to 0.71 so that euscan no
36 > longer reported it as outdated.
37
38 I think we could actually handle perl pretty easily. I believe euscan
39 will start using CPAN API to check the package versions, and we can
40 embed the normalization there.
43 Best regards,
44 Michał Górny