From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experiences with rc5: emerge clobbering its own config, depmod & emerge screaming, BitchX symlink error
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:00:48
1 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 >Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 >>On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:34:44PM -0400, Chad M. Huneycutt wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>Daniel Robbins wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>Actually, I have fixed gzip and gdbm. I will fix the others by the
10 >>>end of this week. And I want to reiterate that all developers please
11 >>>look at my previous posts about info files and make sure they check
12 >>>any new ebuilds. I have seen a couple packages showing info errors
13 >>>lately.
14 >>>
15 >>The authors name is at the top of the ebuild. Perhaps we should send a
16 >>polite email outlining the error.
19 >Hi!
20 >
21 >I think this too, perhaps send an email to both the AUTHOR and the
22 >last commiter to that package. Another possibility is to add all
23 >ebuilds that do this wrong under an wiki-todo so that every developer
24 >can look there to see if someone else has found errors in one of your
25 >ebuilds. I'm not sure about mine, haven't looked into it yet, so feel
26 >free to flame me for broken ebuilds :)
27 >
28 I believe the reason drobbins added the nag message to the end of the
29 ebuild process was so that ebuild maintainers would know that their
30 ebuilds had the info problem. Thus, I don't think any e-mails are
31 necessary.
32 Developers: do an emerge --pretend, and check the list of broken infos.
33 If one of yours is listed, then fix it. I will do a cvs update before
34 I fix a package to make sure I don't duplicate work (or just to be safe,
35 you can e-mail me if you are going to fix your own).
36
37 Chad