From: Rigo Ketelings <rigo@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pppoe
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 08:19:55
1 http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=904
2
3 I
4
5 <QUOTE>
6 One suggestion would be to start by locating all of the files (libraries,
7 binaries, srcipts) that are used to establish your internet connection on a
8 working distro. Then boot from the Gentoo CD and mount your partitions from
9 the distro with the working net connection. Then copy the needed files into
10 the right places on the RAM disk that the Gentoo CD loads. You might also
11 need to modprobe some kernel modules. Then start the connection from the RAM
12 disk, and you can erase those partitions if you intend to install Gentoo over
13 them.
14
15 This is the method I used to get regular PPPoE working before PPPoE was
16 supported by the Gentoo CD. A pain, but it worked fine. And it was well worth
17 the effort. This is indeed a great distro.
18 </QUOTE>
21 Good luck !
22
23 Rigo