From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout redefines /etc/fstab
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:33:02
1 On Friday 06 February 2004 09:14, Stewart Honsberger wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Basically muttrc is not of the same class as passwd, fstab and group. If
4 > > you're up to it, just move the three to somewhere else and reboot. After
5 > > that I think you can appreciate that one must not be enabled to
6 > > overwrite them.
7 >
8 > Some people run Linux because they don't like their operating system
9 > protecting their toes from their own firearms.
10
11 Maybe my wording was a bit too harsh. But I cannot see the point of offering
12 the user the option of replacing his passwd/fstab/group with one that with
13 99% certainty is wrong
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze